question

Paul de C. avatar image
Paul de C. asked

Daly BMS 400amp with Multiplus-ii 48/5000

Dear Victron Forum

I have a Daly 400amper bms (I wanted 300 but they didn't have in stock). Connected to a Multiplus-ii 48/5000. I have 16*lipo accus of 306ah.

The Daly is working via Bluetooth on my mobile phone. I have set the protocol type on the app to "victron energy"

The Daly b- cables go to a victron shunt then to a busbar then to the multiplus

There is a positive cable from the positive of the "final" accu, to a main switch then to a 300amper fuse, then to a busbar, before going to the positive terminal of the multiplus.

The ac out 1 goes to the fuse box.

When I turn on the multiplus the "inverter on" lamp flashes as well as the "charger absorption" light. They blink alternatively.

What must I do to get the multiplus and bms to communicate?

There are two "ve.bus" connections on the multiplus-ii and the Daly bms has 2* can wires, 2*485 wires and a ground cable.

Please help as I am meant to go travelling with my truck next week and I need to get the electricity fixed.

Thanks Paul, Netherlands

Multiplus-IIBMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

You need a Cerbo or GX device to connect the data from the bms to the Multiplus.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mjs500 avatar image
mjs500 answered ·

multiplus-II can not be Connected to a Daly Bms directiy you require Cam in put so you will need a Cerbo or GX device

2 |3000

Paul de C. avatar image
Paul de C. answered ·

Hey, thanks for your answer.

So, if I got a cerbo, I would connect the ve.bus of the multiplus into the cerbo.

Then I would connect the Daly bms also into the cerbo. But how would I connect the Daly into the cerbo? There are 5 cables. 2 can cables labelled "h" and "l" , 2 rs485 cables labelled "a" and "b" and 1 "ground" cable.

Then should it work?

2 |3000

mjs500 avatar image
mjs500 answered ·

Victron side is Pin7 = CAN-H, Pin8 = CAN-L and Pin3 = GND RJ45 plug type

You need to used Can

Connect the ve.bus from the multiplus II into the cerbo VE bus port and connect Daly bms Can out put in cerbo VE-can port

you will need to setup can port in the GX device soft ware

2 |3000