question

maxtosea avatar image
maxtosea asked

How can I see both Grid and Generator on VRM

I have a cerbo GX and 2x 12/2000 Multiplus running in parallel

I want to be able to see both a.c inputs on VRM I'm able to see the generator and grid on vrm but not the AC input on the generator. Please help

VRM
14 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

snoobler avatar image snoobler commented ·
What do you mean? MP only have one AC input, AC input 1. You assign the label to the AC input 1 in the Cerbo Settings > System setup.

Since you don't have a Quattro, you don't have an AC Input 2.

While you may have two inverters with two AC inputs, they are both AC input 1. Inverters in parallel are essentially treated as one big inverter.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ snoobler commented ·

@snoobler "much to learn you still have, my young padawan" :D

With the "VE.Bus System Configurator" the setting "Switch as a group" you can configure two MutliPlus to act like a Quattro.

@MAXTOSEA can you maybe make some screenshots? I'm not exactly sure what you are mean.

2 Likes 2 ·
snoobler avatar image snoobler Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Yeah, but can you display them separately?

0 Likes 0 ·

Depends on what/where you want to see it separately.

The VRM dachboard looks something like that:

1704392109494.png

But only one input can be used at the time and so you will also only see details of the active input.

0 Likes 0 ·
1704392109494.png (29.5 KiB)
Right, but those are the labels for AC input 1 and AC input 2, no?

The OP still has only AC input 1, but with switch as group, one MP can be connected to gen and the other to grid.

0 Likes 0 ·

The input of the slave Multi will act like AC IN 2 of a Quattro.

Actually I just checked. With only two in parallel you don't have the "switch as a group" setting.
You just select single phase and the number of inputs. Than you put one Multi in input 1 and the other in input 2.
The lowest input number always has priority.

1704393303346.png

2 Likes 2 ·
1704393303346.png (80.3 KiB)
OH snap! The master learned something! :)

0 Likes 0 ·
maxtosea avatar image maxtosea snoobler commented ·
Dam I deleted my reply by accident
0 Likes 0 ·
snoobler avatar image snoobler maxtosea commented ·

I saw it in email. Because that's in the Cerbo setup, not the inverter setup. Those values are there regardless of what you have installed.

I have a Raspberri Pi running Venus OS with only a battery BMS running - no inverter whatsover installed:

1704423013402.png

Again... I have a GX device and a battery. That's it. No charger, no MPPT, no inverter, etc.

This is the Cerbo setup, not your inverter setup. The system needs to be able to manage a Quattro, so there's a second AC input listed.

1 Like 1 ·
1704423013402.png (28.0 KiB)
maxtosea avatar image maxtosea snoobler commented ·
So if I do it the way Mathias is saying I still won't be able to see the Data individually correct?
0 Likes 0 ·
snoobler avatar image snoobler maxtosea commented ·
If grid is connected to one MP and the generator is connected to the other MP, it sounds like it.

I would wait for @Matthias Lange - DE to confirm. :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ maxtosea commented ·
@MAXTOSEA I'm still nor sure what details you what to see where.

The System can only use one of the inputs at the time and the VRM dashboard only shows the active input.

0 Likes 0 ·
maxtosea avatar image maxtosea Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

1000044535.png

I want to be able to see the Data on the generator tab when using the generator just like the Grid tab. Obviously it won't be at the same time . I only run generator when Shore power isn't available. But when I run the yearly report I want to be able to see the generator stats separately from the grid stats

0 Likes 0 ·
1000044535.png (219.8 KiB)
Show more comments
0 Answers