question

testa avatar image
testa asked

on- off inverter

Good afternoon, I have a three-phase isolated Victron installation with three Victron multiplus 12/800/35-16, Cerbo GX, SmartSolar MPPT 250/60. The installation is located in an agricultural warehouse where there are days when no one goes and others occasionally go during the day. The important issue is that on days with little sun, the batteries are discharged just by keeping the inverters on. My idea was to be able to turn off the multi with a switch using the external remote control, this way the user when he needs them to work activates it and that's it (this can be done perfectly from the VRM) but for my client the ideal is to do it with a switch . Question: In the multi, the external control has +, ON and CH, I understand that if I make a bridge between + and ON it will operate, but do I have to do it in all three or does it only work in the master? And the main switch as set to OFF
3 phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@testa

I have not used that feature. However I would think it is all the units as when one is switched off in a three phase system you get errors. (#1 Device switched off)

So it make sense that all are switched on at the same time.

If you have a GX you can add a digital input and have that do the switching instead. Might need node red (half baked after thought on my part there)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.