question

peter26 avatar image
peter26 asked

Easysolar 2 PUK Code ?

Hi, I have an Easysolar-ll but am unable to access Victron Connect with my Android mobi via Bluetooth. None of the default PIN numbers are accepted. The only option is to reset the PIN using a PUK ( ? ) Code. I can have the units WIFI Key, ETH MAC and VRM ID Codes but no sign of a PUK Code. Any clues before I pull my remaining hair out ?

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Peter26

What exactly are you trying to connect to?

The mppt? The GX? or The Inverter?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

peter26 avatar image
peter26 answered ·

Hi Alexandra,

I'm trying to connect to the MPPT of the EasySolar II unit via Bluetooth.

All of the suggested default PINs ( 000000, 0000, 1233 ) are not accepted. The next offered option is to reset the PIN with a PUK Code. I have looked behind the lower grill and found a label with Serial Number, WIFI KEY, ETH MAC and VRM ID but no sign of a PUK key.

2 |3000

Jona Aal avatar image
Jona Aal answered ·

Any news on this one?

1 comment
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

@Jona Aal Not all easy solar's have Smartsolar mppt's. Some have Bluesolar mppt's, ie no bluetooth. Check which model mppt is fitted.

You can Connect & Configure Remotely with VictronConnect via VRM.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jona Aal avatar image
Jona Aal answered ·

It is definitely a smart solar, bluetooth is available, just that the inverter is used and the password has been changed form the standard

2 comments
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

@Jona Aal You can reset the bluetooth pin with the PUK code found on the side of the mppt.

Do be very careful.

img-20200131-100709882.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
Jona Aal avatar image Jona Aal klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
@klim8skeptic

Thanks for youre help here, I got a bit muddled with the product names.

We have an Easysolar2GX (not smartsolar) which has the mppt built in.

We need the PUK code which apparently is not on a label but is in one of the bags with cables when the product is newly in the packaging.

I have asked our local sales rep to check the database with the SN and PN and let me know the PUK for our inverter.

Cheers,

Jona

0 Likes 0 ·