question

bennettmvc avatar image
bennettmvc asked

Multiplus Shuts down when connected to Venus GX

My Multiplus 24/3000/70 works just fine but recently the Venus GX, which runs the latest firmware and has been connected in the system since January 2018, has started to randomly shut the system down and then restart it...constantly.

Batteries have been load tested, and all battery cables replaced to ensure sufficient power.

It shuts down when the BMV indicates SOC 100%, and even when there is AC power arriving.

My local dealer has remotely accessed the installation and says the Venus is faulty.

He says the CCGX is better and I should replace the Venus GX.

That will cost me $800 AUS. Is there anyway someone from Victron can check it out remotely please?

Venus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

If the Venus is faulty, it should be replaced without cost under warranty.

Have a read of this to explain the differences between GX devices:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:start#comparison_table

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bennettmvc avatar image
bennettmvc answered ·

Thanks Guy.

I have written to the supplier (Every Battery in Melbourne) asking for help. There is little clarity about the length of the warranty for the Venus. Are you able to tell me how long the warranty cover is for the Venus GX?

I've yet to hear back from EveryBattery.

Cheers,mb

2 |3000