question

scraggs avatar image
scraggs asked

Blue Smart IP65 12/15 recondition phase problem

Hi Everyone
I recently bought a Blue Smart 12/15 charger for my plant batteries, I have a few that I am trying to run a recondition charge on, however it goes in to recondition phase fine, Battery is under 1.2 amps on the 15 amp setting, however it never goes above 0.1 to 0.2 volt above its absorption voltage and the amps become a little erratic, if left on for an hour it still doesn't get any higher voltage, if anything the voltage drops slightly.
Not sure if this is a charger issue or a battery issue, but surely that's the point of recondition phase, and this is happening on 5 batteries I am trying to charge.
I would value others opinions and advice.

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Scraggs

Fully charge the batteries first. Then do a recondition charge. see 4.1.4 it could also be one of the other conditions preventing it from happening.

No idea what capacity (or battery type) you are charging, but if the charger is too small you will also have an issue.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

scraggs avatar image scraggs commented ·

Thanks for your reply
This was with fully charged batteries
I was going to go for the 12/25 but most of what I have to charge is around the 80-100 amp size, I went with the 12/15 as I also have a few 50amp batteries. I have tried 5 batteries now and none of them have got any higher than 0.1 to 0.2 amps above abs.
I tried one of the 50 amp batteries and that only got 0.5 volt higher.

0 Likes 0 ·