question

merc-on-the-go avatar image
merc-on-the-go asked

Make the system complete, Kabe LIN and Victron

Hello

I have a Kabe x780 RV -22 MB where I will initially connect solar panels and a 12-230V inverter to the electrical system which still has its AGM battery. Later I will change to a LiFePO4.

On top of that, Kabe uses the Smart D panel that, among other things, talks LIN-bus with certain components such as DC-DC charger and 230V charger, I intend to keep these.

My question is how best to join these voltage sources and set the different voltage levels.

I have the following components installed and purchased to play with at the moment:

• Victron smart shunt 500A
  • Inverter VE.Direct 1200VA
  • Victron SmartSolar MPPT 100/50
  • Victron Cerbo GX
  • Victron Temp. Sensor ASS000001000
  • VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart dongle
  • 230V charger Dometic MCA 1235 (LIN) Kabe Std. (35A) (Will work with AGM but acc. manual is not intended to be used for NiCd or LiMH batteries. Switchover voltage, Retention voltage and constant voltage are adjustable via DIP switches and the manual says nothing about charging LiFePO4, only that Lead start batteries, L gel batteries and AGM are okay.
  • DC-DC charger Nordelettronica NE325 40A (LIN) Kabe std. (is selectable between lead acid, gel, AGM och LiFePO4)
  • And then there is this guy and his explanations regarding charging batteries

https://youtu.be/mEN15Z_S4kE?feature=shared

I want to keep the LIN connected products so as not to "kill" functions in the Smart D panel, what is hanging loose is possibly the 230V charger, see it as a Christmas challenge to create a solution for this, many Kabe owners will be glad

victron products
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic