question

rinsrig avatar image
rinsrig asked

Error Code 66

I have a unique set up that contains 2 battery systems. I have a 24 volt system with a victron 100/50 charge controller for the inverter. I also have a victron 100/30 charge controller for the 12 volt items inside the self build RV. I have both of them connected to a victron venus gx. I am only showing the 12 volt side of the system and nothing about the 24 volt side. How can I get it to show both battery banks without the communication error?

victron products
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @rinsrig

As far as I know this is not possible.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @rinsrig

I've gotten some help on a more precise answer:

Warning 66 is “Information 66 - Incompatible device”. Which there are two solar chargers setup to operate in synchronised operation whilst configured differently.

Which makes sense in this system: you have two battery banks.

The solution is to make sure they don’t operate in synchronised manner.

How are they connected to each other? Perhaps you have accidentally added them to the same Bluetooth VE.Smart network? Then the solution is to remove one of the two from that network.

The (only) other way for Solar Chargers to operate synchronously is with a VE.Can network, but that doesn’t apply to your chargers.

And something that I just thought of: if you use DVCC than that also doesn't work if you have different voltages connected.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic