question

cyrusllc avatar image
cyrusllc asked

Programing realy to trigger on Battery voltage

Hi Guys need some help.

Trying to program a Multiplus 24/3000/70 to trigger relay 1, or any relay in the system I don’t care which to trigger based on the Multiplus battery temp sensor that’s install and functional. Problem is that there are no rules in the relay temp control menu, its blank. I’ve read through much of the information that is available but Victrons info on this convoluted, sometimes referring to a mutliplus ii product. The documentation refers to assistants \ virtual switch and the Connect 3 product. Little of the docs reflect the current Victron connect program.

The other components of the system are, and before you ask all are at the latest firmware as of this righting.

Multiplus 24/3000/70

Cerbo S GX

24V 100/30 smartsolar MTTP

Also have package manager and GUI mods installed, latest versions. There were also several other packages installed but theses are inactive including, Rpitemperatue

Batteries are 2 12V Redoo dumb LiPoFe 100Ah batteries. So no connection from the battery BMS to the outside world.multiplus-relay-temp-control.png

inactive-packages.png

multiplus-relay-temp-control-blank.pngHow does one delete inactive packages?

Relay
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

If there was a temperature that was available to the Cerbo-S to use for the relay function then it would appear automatically on the temperature rules page. Therefore, my assumption is that the temperature sensor on the Multiplus is not available to the relay function. As you have the Cerbo-S you can not connect a wired sensor to the device. You could look at the Ruuvi Bluetooth temperature sensors, stick on one your battery and use this to trigger a relay.

I do not know about unused packages from setup helper, @Kevin Windrem may be able to provide an answer to that. Maybe ask a separate question in the modifications space.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cyrusllc avatar image cyrusllc commented ·

The temp is available to the Cerbo. It displays it on the graphic screen and the temp sensor is connected directly to the Multi. So the relay and senor are both part of the multi. As a test I configured the relays to manual. Relay 1 and 2 control show up on the interface and let me control them and indicate that the relay is on but the the contact does not actually close. Not sure why.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic