question

slartybart avatar image
slartybart asked

Using Victron's VM-3P75CT Energy Meter to Measure AC Solar input phase on L2

I'm looking at options for adding a Multiplus 2 based battery system to an existing micro inverter (APSystems, DS3) set up. Manuals show using a three phase meter such as the EM340 can be used to measure grid input on L1 and AC Solar generation on L2, but this configuration isn't shown in the manual for the Victron VM-3P75CT Energy Meter. Despite the higher cost, I see huge benefit in the LAN capabilities of the Victron meter over the other meters, but it's not clear whether this particular capability is available. Can someone clarify please? Thanks all in advance.

Energy Meter
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gowdunc avatar image gowdunc commented ·
Keen to find out the answer, as I’m in the same boat (single phase system)
0 Likes 0 ·
outdoorshedman avatar image outdoorshedman commented ·
Same question here!
0 Likes 0 ·
Perhaps someone that has this energymeter allready, is able to check if there are options for this meter for single phase , dual mode in the Victronconnect app?
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
CM avatar image
CM answered ·

I will install mine in a weeks time , remind me to check

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gowdunc avatar image gowdunc commented ·
Hi CM. Just wondering if you have installed your meter yet and had a look around the menus?
0 Likes 0 ·
CM avatar image CM gowdunc commented ·

yes I did yesterday, only single phase or 3 phase support for now only as options for grid metering

0 Likes 0 ·
gowdunc avatar image gowdunc CM commented ·
Thanks you. Hopefully that’s correctable with a software update
1 Like 1 ·
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Currently only either single phase or three phase functions are supported on the latest v1.05 firmware.

1 comment
2 |3000

Thanks, , I hope victron will add more options with an update of the firmware!
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources