question

diabolik avatar image
diabolik asked

generator 7-pin ATS to Cerbo GX

ATS-4-25-Inverter_EN.pdf

I'm considering to add a suitable generator to my off-grid system (multiplus II 24v 3000VA). I came across Koenner-Soehnen generators that seem decent, supply pure sine wave etc. They have generators with built in ATS modules as well as generators with ATS connections to connect external ATS modules. The pins of the connector are indicated in the figure below:screenshot-2023-12-19-at-214751.pngThe question is - will I be able to connect my cerbo to this pin contact without any additional modifications and devices (like crouzet time relays etc.) and control the generator remotely or I will need the crouzets for that, or it is impossible anyhow?

cerbo gxGeneratorats
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
vicens avatar image
vicens answered ·

No se puede. Tienes que añadir reles y temporizadores.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

diabolik avatar image
diabolik answered ·

Ok clear, so I will need to use the time relays, as suggested by victron. Then I have another question. My off-grid system is wired in 24Vdc (I have a single 24Vdc Smart LiFePO4 battery), does it mean than I need to take 12Vdc from the battery of the generator itself and wire (pin #1 in the attached picture) and wire it as common to cerbo? And use generator ground (pin #2) for both generator common and battery - ? I would appreciate if someone could review this wiring and tell me if that's correct.

ags-wiring-diagram1.jpg

2 |3000

xavier-64 avatar image
xavier-64 answered ·

Hello,
Thisis correct, the Relay contacts are isolated. So better use the genset +12V(battery) like your draw !

2 |3000