question

Anil Ghatikar avatar image
Anil Ghatikar asked

Ve Bus error 3 and 25

A perfectly working 3 Phase Quattro ( 5 KVA) system has started switching off suddenly on following errors

Ve Bus error 3 - Not all, or more than, the expected devices were found in the system

and

VE Bus error 25 - Firmware incompatibility

Indications

On Phase, A/L1 only float LED flashing ( could not find the meaning in Victron Toolkit )

On Phase B/L2 and C/L3 LED matching to Ve bus error 3 ( absorption and inverter on LED flashing)

A switch off and switch on of all the three units seems to resolve the error for a few hours

Is it possibel that the error is generated when only L1 phase is not available from Grid ? but the Ziehl islanding should also detect that error

Following checked

A. Any changes ?- System is operation since last year - no changes in hardware and only Smart solar /venus firmware upgrades

B firmware

All smart solar ( 2 no.) are on V 1.42

All three quattro's are on V430 ( device 2657)

Venus is on 2.33

C. Ve bus cabling - seems to be firm and no issues detected - changed the sockets just to be sure on Phase A/L1

D. AC and DC cabling - no fault detected on a visual inspection and AC/DC voltage checks ok on all terminals

Video - https://youtu.be/lFF-Fo6UvG4

Picture

error3 phaseVE.Bus
ve-bus-error.jpg (39.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Rob Fijn avatar image
Rob Fijn answered ·

Hello Anil, I would fisrt make sure that the VE,bus cables are good and properly connected. No corrotion in the RJ45 connector. This communicaiton between the Quatto's is very important, if one in the network fails... all Quatto's goes OFF. this is the error 3.

Also you must have the same firmware version in all Quatto's

hope this helps.

Rob

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Anil Ghatikar avatar image
Anil Ghatikar answered ·

Thanks Rob

As I mentioned earlier I changed the socket on L1 Quattro and the error seems to have disappeared for now.

The cables are all CAT 5E rated branded cables and doubtful if faulty

Will apply contacts cleaner if error comes again

2 |3000