question

plot avatar image
plot asked

Firmware update RS450/100 stucks at 48%

The RS450/100 had before the version 1.05. The unit run some month without problems, then I got the errors #27 and #35. I found out the SW version 1.08 should contain a fix for those errors. So I decided to update the RS450. In VictronConnect the version 1.15 is offered.

Now the issue: Every time (I tried it at least 5 or 6 times now) I run the update the update stucks at 48% and after a short while it stops the whole update with the error

X88 - Communication Error. Vreg Ack timeout. Please check the connection and try again.

I double checked the connection, I powered off the unit for some time, nothing changed the written behavior. As it stops always at 48% I have some doubt about connection problems.

Any idea what I can do to get the RS450 working again? Now it reports version FF.FF and does nothing.

Thank you

firmware updaters450
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @plot

How are you connected to the MPPT when performing the update? Victronconnect and Bluetooth, VictronConnect and remote VRM or via the VRM website?

When you are using VictronConnect, can you perhaps create a service report after trying the update and post it here in a comment? The procedure to create a service report is described here: https://ve3.nl/VictronConnect_How-to-create-a-VictronConnect-Service-Report

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
plot avatar image plot Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·

2023-12-20_Update_from1.11_to_1.15.logI tried the update again from now version 1.11 to 1.15. I get a different error now. Here is the report you asked for.

0 Likes 0 ·
plot avatar image plot plot commented ·

I tried it again, it stops at 48% (in the previous trial I didn't look for it), and it reports now the error 88 again (now it does not show a valid version installed). Here is the report to this trial.2023-12-20_Update_from1.11_to_1.15_err88.log

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Alex Pescaru avatar image
Alex Pescaru answered ·

You can also try with the 1.10 or 1.11 version.

Available on Victron Professional site.

versions.jpg

versions.jpg (49.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

plot avatar image
plot answered ·

Thank you, unfortunately the firmware update stops again (at 70%).

But now (maybe already before) I get the error #200. As the serial number is HQ2219 I assume the unit needs to be replaced (I already contacted the dealer).

2 |3000