question

Jaad Jorio avatar image
Jaad Jorio asked

Connected panel to PWM controller before batteries

Hello,

I disconnected my batteries from my DUO 20A controller, and reconnected them, because I had to move them.

In the meantime, the solar panel was always connected to the controller.

Could I have broken something ? As the manual says, always connect batteries first ...

Thanks,

Jaad

error
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Jaad. I suspect most of us have done this before inadvertently, usually with no issue.

It's possible with some cc's (maybe older ones) that they may pick up a different battery V base and charge to a different level. Just check that hasn't happened.

It's just good practice to do it that way. Batt buffering, spike reduction, etc.

Is it not working?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jaad Jorio avatar image
Jaad Jorio answered ·

Hi John,

Thanks for your feedback.

Good to know I am not alone !

It is actually working, I was in doubt about the behavior of the controller, not charging, but this is because the batteries were full .... so easy fixing of no problem.

After I realized I connected the panels first, I redid the connecting again, starting from the batteries this time, to make sure the V is set to 12V.

Thanks !

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic