question

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra asked

What does the symbol in the battery icon on the remote console mean?

System basic description.

Quattro 5kVa with 2 X BYD Flex lite.

Cerbo GX running FW 3.12.

The system has been going through a series of upgrades.

Stage one was add a GX and lithium batteries.

Stage two upgrade charge controller (old blue solar 140/85) and add more solar.

Stage one was completed, the console had the icon a few weeks ago.

Solar was added today and the old charge controller was changed.

My original thought was it was there because the system was programmed with ESS assistant but had the old 150/85 blue solar, it had no comms with the system.

That was replaced today with a 250/70 and more solar was added with a second mppt, however the icon is still there.

1000015229.jpg

cerbo gx
1000015229.jpg (173.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi Alex,

It's all about Solar & Wind priority, a new feature introduced with firmware 3.10.

More about that here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:solar-and-wind-priority

and here: https://professional.victronenergy.com/news/detail/220/

You can turn this feature off if you don't need it.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Hi Stefanie,

Awesome. Thank you. I double checked the programming and there is was selected in the advanced.

The interesting thing is I have it active on a few systems, this is the first one I have seen the symbol on. I did wonder but this one also had a red strip with the arrows, so it threw me a bit but rewatching the video cleared that up (facepalm)

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Alexandra ♦ commented ·

We have a mix use here, grid blackout and ESS. It is permanently connected.

I know the feature is targeted at more of the off-grid RV marine setups, could/should the sustain feature be used in an ESS system?

Edited: answer no. Sorry to waste your time @Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff)

I definitely need to read up on more off-grid systems. And get the team on it too.

1000015240.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
1000015240.jpg (49.6 KiB)
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Alexandra ♦ commented ·

The red bar in the battery symbol indicates that the battery will also be charged via shore power after seven days. I recommend you watch the video using one of the links above.
Yes, the target is mobile systems such as RVs, boats, mobile homes, etc., systems that do not have a permanent grid connection.

It would be best if you did not combine it with an ESS system. I'm not sure if there are any unwanted side effe

edit: too late - I was just writing the answer ;)

1 Like 1 ·