question

CM avatar image
CM asked

VRM Control Issue

Hello @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

There seems to be a response time issue with VRM Controls, been going on for a week plus now

Thank you

VRM
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

CM avatar image CM commented ·
@mvader (Victron Energy) Please could you look into this ?
0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ CM commented ·

Will do

1 Like 1 ·
CM avatar image CM mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
Barbara (Victron Energy) avatar image Barbara (Victron Energy) ♦ CM commented ·

Hi @CM , this problem should now be resolved. Thank you for making us aware and attaching the clear screen recording!

1 Like 1 ·
CM avatar image CM Barbara (Victron Energy) ♦ commented ·

Good day Barbara; I can confirm it’s back . Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
boatgypsy avatar image
boatgypsy answered ·

I'm having a similar issue with VRM controls. For some weeks I have not been able to consistently use VRM to switch mode on my Multiplus. When trying to switch mode sometimes it works straightaway, sometimes its delayed, sometimes it doesn't work at all. When its not working I get two mode option buttons highlighted in blue. The relay 2 switch isn't affected, this works immediately with the usual countdown.

I can switch modes on the remote console without a problem, but its a pain in the butt with the extra steps and much slower process.

I would also be grateful if could address this problem.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

m-verbeek avatar image
m-verbeek answered ·

I have, what appears to be, a similar issue. No inverter / generator controls visible sometimes and often once selecting control it just shows connecting without any result. I have tried deselecting / selecting inverter controls in the settings / general tab, and also rebooted the Cerbo without any luck.

Generator control via remote console does work, Issue seems to be on VRM only. On both browser version and the (iPhone) app.

screenshot-2024-01-08-at-084742.png

We manage several sites, only one of the sites experiences these issues until now.

2 comments
2 |3000

reboot avatar image reboot commented ·
Yes, I also experience this issue where the data is updating in realtime, but the controls are not available. I have a Cerbo GX connected by Ethernet. Any ideas how to fix this?
0 Likes 0 ·
Ibraheem H avatar image
Ibraheem H answered ·

Also seeing this for a few weeks now, sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't.

3 comments
2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

@Ibraheem H These posts are out of date. Recently there were some issues with one of the backends for which VRM had a notification banner to this effect, which now has been resolved as far as I am aware. Also ensure you are on official firmwares and also that it is not a side effect of a poor internet connection.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ibraheem H avatar image Ibraheem H ejrossouw commented ·
Still having the issue. I’m on official firmware.
0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw Ibraheem H commented ·

What GX device do you have, how is it connect to the Internet and maybe you can just confirm the exact nature of your specific problem so this can be relayed to the relevant party. Also, do you have realtime data enabled?

0 Likes 0 ·