question

adev avatar image
adev asked

VE.BMS with Smart Solar 100/20 - battery protection control - which pin?

I have a 100/20 Smart Solar charger, a VE.BMS and a bank of Victron Lithium batteries. Which pin/s on the Smart solar do I need to connect to get it to cut charge/load if it gets a signal from the BMS?

MPPT ControllersLithium BatteryBMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nebulight avatar image
nebulight answered ยท
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

adev avatar image adev commented ยท

thanks for your response. I was told previously by someone else on here that I wouldnโ€™t need the cable and could connect directly to the relevant pin on the MPPT. Of course I canโ€™t find that now...

0 Likes 0 ยท
msleiman avatar image
msleiman answered ยท

@adev Charge disconnect and load disconnect on VE.BMS are both high (battery voltage) in normal operation and go low (0V) when the event occurs. So for load disconnect you need to connect the the pin to an external relay/contactor coil (or battery protect) to control your relay which is feeding the loads, while for charge disconnect you need to connect the charge disconnect pin on VE.BMS to the Smart Solar (+) marked connector on the bottom right of the device labeled "Remote".

2 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE โ™ฆ commented ยท

1. The question is over 3 months old.

2. The MPPT 100/20 dont't have a remote connector. ;)

0 Likes 0 ยท
msleiman avatar image msleiman Matthias Lange - DE โ™ฆ commented ยท

Oops, sorry about that.

0 Likes 0 ยท