question

semlohnhoj avatar image
semlohnhoj asked

Recommendations for fuse arrangement with VM-3P75CT Grid Meter

I got the new Victron grid meter a couple of days ago (VM-3P75CT) and have gone through the available documentation which suggests the requirement for a 500ma fuse in the neutral or a circuit breaker of equivelent rating. I've mounted the grid meter directly in the my main grid side distribution board (I have two boards, this one which is grid side and a second which is output side of my Multi RS just for info).

My main distribution board had a little spare space on a 35mm DIN rail so I've opted with mounting a small screw top DIN rail mount fuse holder for now. if I didn't use this then I was struggling to find any inline mains rated fuse holders, or for that matter a 500ma circuit breaker, definitely not one that I could use in my distribution board.

The questions(s) therefore:

1) Has anyone seen any inline fuse holders that would be suitable?

2) Are there any DIN rail mountable standard fuse holders that are suitable?

3) Are there any Circuit breakers that are suitable?

A related question, as I've mounted this in the main distribution board, I'm assuming the requirement for a specific isolator for the grid meter is not required as the board has it's own main isolator which should always be turned off before removing the cover and working on the unit anyway? I assume this makes sense?

Energy MeterMulti RSgrid meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
bruggie avatar image
bruggie answered ·

MCN500 From Hager should work, 2P N+L1, 500mA. ABB also has one in this category, s200 something

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

semlohnhoj avatar image semlohnhoj commented ·
Superb, I may end up moving the grid meter to it's own enclosure at some point so I'll keep these in mind, thank you.
0 Likes 0 ·
outdoorshedman avatar image
outdoorshedman answered ·

Siemens 5SL65057 5SL6505-7 ?

its C kar I don't know if it is supposed to be B kar or C kar.

2 |3000

mjs500 avatar image
mjs500 answered ·

wylex img-2023-12-29-17-55-53-370.jpgInsulated Enclosure WS103/3

I no this is only one PH but Enclosure will house 3ph and N switch so and you can see ABB
E91/32 din fuse holder with 500mA 38x 10 fuse

2 |3000

Related Resources

Mutli RS Solar Datasheet

Mutli RS Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Energy Meter Selection Guide