question

Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird asked

CerboGX Remote "Enable on LAN" stops VRM Remote Console working

Hello, Today I was on a boat that had the CerboGX swapped for a new one. I was setting it up for another company some distance away. We updated to latest firmware (V3.13). During the initital setup I was enabling remote access and in the "Remote Console" menu checked the "Enable on LAN" box for no particular reason. We didnt want to use the local LAN for the Remote function but thought it can't hurt.

On my mobile phone I accessed the VRM using the Safari browser, but could not access the remote console on the phone. Neither could the Tech support at the far end.

I disabled "Enable on LAN", rebooted and the mobile phone access to the Remote Console worked as it should.

Is this a normal consequence of checking "Enable on LAN"? I have tried to see reference to this in the forum but didn't find this exact issue. I dont see any indication of this side effect of enabling "Enable on LAN" and wonder if that really was the cause or rebooting resolved some other issue?

Any thoughts welcomed.

Trevor

remote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Trevor Bird

No, it is not normal unless a device is accessing it. I have both enabled on all systems.

I sometimes find remote support and I have a squabble over who has it open and someone gets booted off since it can only be open in one instance.

What was the error message when that happened?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Trevor Bird avatar image Trevor Bird commented ·
@Alexandra

No error message. The remote Console simply did not work. I couldn't get it to show the console on my phone.

I thought it was unusual but didnt have time to backtrack and try to find the real reason.

0 Likes 0 ·
ngknick avatar image ngknick Trevor Bird commented ·
Did you ever find a solution for this? I think I'm having the same issue. Someone mentioned resetting the device may fix it but I don't feel like putting all of the settings back in
0 Likes 0 ·