question

jdbydesign avatar image
jdbydesign asked

MPPT / Smart Battery Sense

System:

2 x 12V 50A LiFePO4 in series

1 x SmartSolar MPPT 75/15

Questions:

1) Can I install (1) Smart Battery Sense on my battery bank (+) (-), than connect to MPPT.

2) Can I install (2) Smart Battery Senses on each of my batteries, than connect to the MPPT.

3) Is there any other product for monitoring each battery in the bank that connects to the MPPT.

4) Is it necessary to install adtl. products for monitoring or stand alone MPPT is more than enough.

Thanks.

batterysolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
David avatar image
David answered ·

For 1) and 2) - I am pretty sure you can only have one battery temp and voltage sensor per charger. So if you have a single MPPT controller charging the battery bank, then you can only have one Smart Battery Sense Device.

3) - None that connect to the MPPT Controller. If you have a Venus/CCGX device and enabled DVCC, then I understand you have the Temperature and Voltage info data (from wired sensors) going into it controlling the MPPT charging (This is something I am looking to check on my own Venus GX system rather than using the Smart Battery Sense that is currently installed)

4) - Is it neccessary to install addtional products? For optimum charging by the MPPT, the Smart Battery Sense will provide what is neccessary and for a standalone MPPT Controller (so no Venus system) it is actually the only option I am aware of.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic