question

Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK asked

A Good quality USB hub - ET112 not working correctly.

After solving one issue yesterday with the help of the community here, I now have another I could do with some help with. Now I have my MPPt's working, 2 of which are plugged into a USB hub, the 3rd plugged directly into VE Direct. I originally had a ET112 grid meter plugged into the single USB port under my Multiplus II GX 5kva unit, but with 2 of MPPT's only able to connect via USB, I added a hub. The first hub was un-powered and I quickly released that wouldn't work so I bought a StarTec USB hub that had been recommended by others in this forum, The ET112 cuts in and out, stopping the inverter each time and putting the Multiplus into Passthru mode.

Does any one know of a good USB hub that actually works? I even tried a industrial USB hub from work which doesn't event allow the ET112 grid meter to work. It appear to only affect the ET112 grid meter so maybe its a latency issue or is it a chipset issue? Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide. Is the issue nothing to do with the hub and just an effect of introducing a hub to a grid meter and the added latency?

VE.Directmultplus 2 gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mjs500 avatar image
mjs500 answered ·

have you check for the hidden VE direct inside your GX multiplus

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mjs500 avatar image mjs500 commented ·

Iam no star one of the meany Victron user fund it GX multiplus parts must be used with easy solar that has one mppt built in side, how are your battery comms with GX can ?

1 Like 1 ·
Jason - UK avatar image Jason - UK commented ·

@mjs500 You're a star! I never knew about that. That helps massively. I could live with the 3rd MPPT not connected via VE direct to USB

1701769489666.jpeg

0 Likes 0 ·
1701769588514.png (1.1 MiB)
Jason - UK avatar image Jason - UK commented ·
I do wish I went for a standard Multiplus and a separate GX device. Im so limited in my option as I go further down the rabbit hole of expanding my Victron System lol. When I first installed my system, I wanted a simple set up, tidy and so on. I now have the opposite. Its expanded way past my original intent.
0 Likes 0 ·
daza avatar image daza Jason - UK commented ·
lol I hear what your saying I want to expand to but is it not an easy fix to run with external GX? I wish I followed my mind and got the 10,000 multi2 as I could have two solar PV’s on AC out to tall 7kW live and learn
1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

VE.Direct protocol FAQ

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic