question

bjpirt avatar image
bjpirt asked

VRM got confused when switching batteries - reset?

Hello all,

I recently switched over from a lead acid battery bank using a BMV-700 to represent the battery bank in the CCGX to a Lithium Ion battery bank with a custom CAN BMS. The batteries are working fine, however VRM seems to have got quite confused. A few things I've noticed:

• The old BMV-700 still appears as a device in the MQTT output (am I missing a way of removing this dfrom the CCGX?)
  • The last values from this still show up on VRM and then get replaced with the values from the new BMS
  • The AC Loads panel shows zero, however when I click "show details" it's actually showing the correct value
  • The generator loads no longer show up

Is it possible to reset VRM so that the values hopefully display correctly? They are showing correctly on the CCGX display, and all of the data is present and correct in MQTT, just not on the UI.

Any suggestions gratefully received

Thanks,

Ben

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Did you set the BMS as the battery monitor in the GX setup?

Once done and the BMV is disconnected you can delete it in the vrm device list.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bjpirt avatar image bjpirt commented ·
Thanks @nickdb - I thought I did, but I'll double check
0 Likes 0 ·