question

matthias-roetzer avatar image
matthias-roetzer asked

Gridmeter at 20kV grid level ?

@Matthias Lange - DE

Hi Matthias,

Hab mir gedacht ich schreib meinen Namensvettern hier mal an :) und wechsle wegen der sehr allgemeinen Frage auch gleich auf Englisch.

Im interested to operate a grid meter at 20 kV level. Why: I'm running a farm of 4 windpowerplants which run native on 400VAC but are transformed up to 20kV by 4 separate transformers. I'd like to install MPII with some battery on one transformer and supply the others via ESS as well if there is not enough wind. That requires grid metering at 20 kV which is dthe connecting point to the public grid.

Is anyone here in the forum who has done such a thing? If so, please be so kind and share your findings. Thank you!

My thoughts so far. I'm taking a standard gridmeter VM-3P75CT and put other CTs. That requires obviously CT ratio settings in the device. And it would be as well necessary to modify the voltage measurment ratio settings inside the grid meter. As far as I could find out so far this is not yet possible. @Victron, can I somehow configure the ratio settings ?

Best regards,

Matthias

Energy Meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
matthias-roetzer avatar image
matthias-roetzer answered ·

Hi @mvader (Victron Energy),

This is apparently not so easy topic although it should be ;)

Main question, is it possible to set the CT ratios inside the gridmeter VM-3P75CT?

And further is it possible to set ratios for the voltage measurement?

If yes, this is great, because then I can use this meter for measuring at 20 kV grid level.

Please let me have your thoughts.

Many thanks in advance,

Matthias

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Sorry, but that is not possible.

And even if you find a meter that can measure this, then I don’t know if Venus OS, VRM and so forth are able to deal with and show such high voltage levels.

1 Like 1 ·
andrii-podanenko avatar image
andrii-podanenko answered ·
400VAC sounds like digestible by PV section of VRM.

So if you manage to measure it you may see it in Venus via custom PV driver.

I'm using MQTT PV driver for adding my Chinese Voltronic inverter

2 |3000

Related Resources