question

backitupjack avatar image
backitupjack asked

BMS v Shunt and Charger Voltage

I have a 280Ah LifePo4 with a Daly BMS and a Victron Smart Shunt along with a Victron Blue Smart Charger i have just been charging the battery and have noticed the Smart Charger app and the Shunt app are both showing 14.2 v whilst the BMS app is showing 13.3v i have also tested the battery with a volt meter which reads 13.3v also, doe anyone have any idea why the difference in voltage

Lithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Backitupjack

Did you also check the voltage at the mppt and shunt? Are they smart networked?

Is the fuse, connections and wiring ok between them?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

backitupjack avatar image
backitupjack answered ·

Thanks for the reply Alexandra I don't have solar hence no MPPT controller, Blue Charger now in storage mode and both Shunt and Charger apps now showing 13.55v yet BMS app still showing 13.3v confirmed with multi meter test of battery

2 |3000

onrbikes avatar image
onrbikes answered ·

Did you fix this issue?

I'm about to instal a daly controlled battery as well.

My understanding is, the Daly will accept whatever charge it needs and turn off when it decides.

As long as you have the Victron set to Lifepo4

2 |3000

Related Resources