question

mimzy avatar image
mimzy asked

Controlling Battery Protect & Inverter/Charger with BMS (Lithionics FCC)

Hey all! I'm running into an issue on our boat and how the BMS safety system works.

I am using an older Lithionics BMS and it has an FCC cable. Essentially, this is a circuit that OPENs when the BMS senses an issue. This is tied into a Multiplus 3000 (temp sense) using the BMS assistant to shut it down on a high or low cell condition.

I have recently upgraded alternators and I am using 2 Wakespeeds. I have used a Battery Protect in the ignition circuit with the plan to tie into the FCC circuit to act as a switch and turn off the ignition if the FCC OPENS. However, it appears that the switch circuit for Battery Protects allows a small amount of voltage thru. This is causing the Multiplus to turn itself off.

Any thoughts on how I can use this single FCC cable to trigger the Battery Protects and the Inverter/Charger to switch off. Lastly, I have a Digital Multicontrol, so using the remote switch on Inverter Charger isn't an option.

Thanks!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerLithium BatteryBMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers