question

mike-walker avatar image
mike-walker asked

Is low voltage load cutoff in SmartSolar temperature compensated?

Last night our remote, off-grid cabin apparently dropped power for several hours, and then brought power up this morning (I am not there). All of our Victron stuff up here was put in just a couple of months ago after a decade with Morningstar where we turned off the power when we left - so this is new to us.

It was 41F at the batteries (24V FLA) and load cutoff (via a relay) is set to 23.6V. I did not note or change the default temperature compensation coefficient (my bad) so can't tell you what it is set at (no Cerbo GX - we use BLE to send Victron stuff to Home Assistant which I access remotely)

So before the power cut the battery voltage was at 24.3V (.7V above cutoff) and the shunt said 80% SOC (this is not a question about my shunt settings)

All I can think if is that temperature compensation raised the load cutoff voltage by the .7 volts. Is that right? Should it be that way? I thought temp compensation was for charging, not discharging. I can't get up there for some time to investigate further, but thought I'd ask the question here as I try to diagnose it remotely.

Thanks!

temperature compensation
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Is it possible that once the load was off the voltage 'recovered'? Voltage drops under load, just guessing as I don't know the load.
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic