question

iromeo avatar image
iromeo asked

Multi RS Solar 48/6000 Grid ESS or AC IN coupling

This is more for Victron staff I guess :)

Are there any updates in regards to Multi RS being certified for grid use?

Or is there anyway to program it to charge from AC coupled Fronius, but on AC IN?

Thanks!

AC PV CouplingMulti RS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @iRomeo,

No updates except progress continues.

At this stage there is no way to use a Fronius on the AC input, but support for that is also coming.

Multi RS support for the new Victron Energy meter is integral to both and imminent.

8 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

semlohnhoj avatar image semlohnhoj commented ·

Imminent, can't wait..... :)

0 Likes 0 ·
iromeo avatar image iromeo commented ·
Thanks Guy!

Imminent as in weeks/few month or past spring? :D

Asking as I like the RS a lot and it would be a shame to sell it for a multi or something else.

0 Likes 0 ·

As far as I know, it is the priority of that team, and they have a working private beta.

No one outside of Victron R&D has the Victron Energy Meter yet so the scope for testing is limited until that becomes available, and will probably go hand in hand.

Edit; I've just checked my Energy Meter order and it says 4 weeks, week 51.

Then I will be able to test the new beta firmware myself and have a much better idea how close to ready it is.

0 Likes 0 ·
semlohnhoj avatar image semlohnhoj Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) could you clarify. Is the new Victron energy meter going to be the only one compatible with the multi RS? And if so, what about single phase etc...
0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ semlohnhoj commented ·
I don’t have any clarity on the timing of other energy meter compatibility, perhaps it all happens at the same time but I don’t know. All info I have heard is around the Victron meter.

The new Victron energy meter is single phase compatible. I’ll be installing mine in single phase when it arrives.

0 Likes 0 ·
semlohnhoj avatar image semlohnhoj Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
Ok. I'd be happy to go with one but I think they are limited to 65A per phase? Wouldn't that be an issue on a standard single phase supply (or at least in the UK). My supply at home has an 80A fuse and I need that replacing with a 100A because of the EV really. I appreciate it's unlikely ever to exceed 65A with diversity but id rather use the correct size. The new Victron one is ve.can as well so I see why that is good for the RS and not sure how an RS485 energy meter could interface? Sorry, more questions.
0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ semlohnhoj commented ·
It uses a CT clamp, so while it can’t measure higher than 65A yet. It’s no issue to run more than 65A through it.

The RS485 will require a GX device to interface.

The VE.Can can be on the same bus as the Multi RS with or without the GX.

Happy to answer the questions where I can. I am excited for this too :)

0 Likes 0 ·

20231207-114709.jpg

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) Turned up a couple of days ago, installed yesterday. I do have a question about the fusing but I'll post that as an actual question.

Recommendations for fuse arrangement with VM-3P75CT Grid Meter - Victron Community (victronenergy.com)

1 Like 1 ·