question

davidtudor avatar image
davidtudor asked

Multi Pluss ii Charging Amperage

HI

I have 3 x Multipluss II 5000/48/70 in a 3 phase configuration, but i am seeing the battery charging rates are around 20 amp less at batteries then the Multipluss is showing, see picture, any ideas?1700563208070.pngare around 20 amp less at batteries then the Multipluss is showing, see picture, any ideas?

battery charging
1700563208070.png (21.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@davidtudor

There is no shunt measurement for the amps on the multi so to be expected for it to not be accurate.

The amps on the DC bus often also include an estimation of the amps going to loads as well I am guessing that maybe your system has about a 2000w load on the system as well?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

davidtudor avatar image davidtudor commented ·

yes, just around 2500w on the AC output, it has increased slightly. I am adding another 3 x multipluss 5000, one on each phase, i am hoping the charge rate will increase.

0 Likes 0 ·
davidtudor avatar image
davidtudor answered ·

Even with very low AC output, 400W, the charging doesnt go up.

1700648098342.png

1700648098342.png (116.7 KiB)
5 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

What are the inverters set to charge at the DC side?

Is there a limit in DVCC?

Are the batteries requesting a higher charge rate?

Are the units hot?

0 Likes 0 ·
davidtudor avatar image davidtudor Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Invertors set at 50amp on each one (6), how do i check the requested battery charge rate, no the units are not hot, screenshot-2024-02-16-172227.png

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
You also have a voltage difference of more than 1,5V!

You also should check that. Use a multi meter to measure the voltage at the connections of the MultiPlus' and the battery terminals.
Also check all connections to be solid.

What batteries do you have?

0 Likes 0 ·
davidtudor avatar image davidtudor Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
I have 9 x pylontech batteries, all connections are good.
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ davidtudor commented ·

9 pylontecs wired how?

If they are in groups of three the cables will be warm. So some losses there.

The CCL is 469A so that is not the issue. You confirm that they are set to 50A that means you should see 150A to the bank in total from 3 x 5kva. And that the screenshot showed 163.5A that the Pylons are measuring. So you are seeing more than the rate set for grid charging.

The volt drop over the cable is definitely something to be checked. But is possibly related to not enough battery to bus bar links.

Everyone loves the pylon links I have found it is terribly inefficient especially on marginal banks.

0 Likes 0 ·