question

simon-jukes avatar image
simon-jukes asked

Charge Current Assistant Question

Hi

Quick question re charge current assistant, basically, with the correct settings, will it turn on the charger outside of an ESS scheduled charge

I am trying to achieve a way of telling a Multiplus 2 c/w Cerbo GX running ESS to charge. I am now on a tariff with a 6 hour off peak rate but, there may also be times when I get the cheap rate outside of the fixed off peak wndow.

I am running home assistant which is capable of knowing the current rate, so just need a way of telling the system to charge instead of discharge

Was thinking of using a smart switch controlled relay to bridge Aux in 1 and using the charge current controller, will this turn on the charger?

Tried various other ways and managed to stop the batteries discharging during a cheap rate period using changing the mode to charger, but this just changes the mode and doesn't make the system charge the batteries

Thanks

Simon

Multiplus-IIAssistants
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Simon Jukes

Would you not just be able to shift the set the min SOC upwards (or switch to keep batteries charged) on case of grid faliure and achieve the same outcome?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

simon-jukes avatar image simon-jukes commented ·
Keep batteries charged may do it, time to look for the modbus register / mqqt topic

1 Like 1 ·
simon-jukes avatar image simon-jukes commented ·
Hi Alexandra

Looks like that will work, and I've found the correct topic as well

Thank you

Simon

1 Like 1 ·