question

Craig Robinson avatar image
Craig Robinson asked

VRM Remote Console not connecting through VRM

Remote console not working but say enabled but offline, but I can view the dashboard online do everything else except access the remote console, as you can see there are a load hex numbers for the server ip addresses so not sure why that is because reading the manual they should be 84.22.108.49, 84.22.107.120, 3.25.10.245, 13.244.154.199 or 35.165.124.40,

has any one out there got this problem and also a fix

1699455146877.png

remote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Craig Robinson avatar image
Craig Robinson answered ·

I have a spare Cerbo that I use for testing and it works fine at home can access remotely, so I thought I would try it out on site, where we have two systems both off grid one uses the colour control GX and that works fine, I do remember setting that up at the workshop first and Remote console worked and also worked on site, it is currently connected through a EE mobile 5G/4G router via a wifi access point, the other which is the new install and new EE 5/4G router Cerbo connected on LAN also tried WAN and WiFi, this is the one I cannot connect to via remote console. I can view it remotely on the VRM Dashboard and see all other functions. It is logging data so it is connected to the internet.. Any way thought I would take my test Cerbo to site and see if that would connect via router and to my surprise it would not connect the remote console I have not changed any settings just moved location and plugged an ethernet cable tried both WAL & LAN and WiFi, so then I tried the other older system on the same site but through an older EE 4G router, still same problem No remote console, remote support IP address still at zero 0 found in General, Now frustrated took it back home re connected it and low and behold remote support IP address was allocated, all I have done is power down move it,

Remote console is required as you can't get to all the setting in the VRM.

I was wondering as the only thing that has changed is the location and does that prevent remote access?

Any further guidance would be very appreciated

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Please continue in the old question.
0 Likes 0 ·