question

h2009 avatar image
h2009 asked

Is it possible to connect/control 2x grid feeds on MP2-10kw 3 phase

Hi there

I’m not sure this has been asked before; but I wanted to ask this and I have situation where I can add another 3 phase connection to my setup.

So currently:

3 phase grid connection connecting to 3 phase MP2 10kw units + DC PV + AC PV and batteries.

I now may have an option to add a secondary 3 phase grids supply to the mix.

If you’re wondering why; this allows me to pick the cheapest tariff at any given time. And solve my current limiting factor of off-grid power limits.

My question is:

Is it possible possible without causing issues to add 2x grid feeds to my system, and if so how would I do it?

I was thinking about looking at this like a generator but not sure if this would cause issues? The grid connections would be fed from the source cable (so frequency would be the exactly matching).

Anyone have any input to this or method?

Thank you.

Multiplus-IIgrid3 phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

There is only one AC input to the Multiplus and Multiplus II line. Quattros have two inputs and they could both be grid. AC 1 would have priority.

Another solution would be to fit your system with a transfer switch up stream of the MPIIs.

Even with a Quattro, you would need some external logic to select the correct grid connection.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

h2009 avatar image
h2009 answered ·

Thanks Kevin, that's what I thought. I think transfer switch is best possible solution.

I did think of something else but not sure what this might do. So If I connected the grid as an 'renewal energy' using ET meter so VE would recognise it as PV/Wind (similar to AC PV inverter connected to the system).

However I have no idea how the wattage would be governed or what kind of power balancing would occur. In that event I don't even know if frequency shifting would cause issues.

Of course all the stats and data will be well out.

2 |3000