question

patdufo1 avatar image
patdufo1 asked

100 amp autotransformer with xantrex inverters,direct to house panel?

I have 2 xantrex freedom 4000 inverters,they are supossed to stack but wont(been 8mnths working with there support)So i purchased the auto transformer to run to my house panel and only using grid on rare occation to charge bateries,should this work?autoground relay?the inverts one has the bonding screw removed and the other still has it also the panel is unbonded,I want to wire so I can use the batteries grid or generator(think I have the input side figured with disconcts and breakers)but need to know how to wire the transformer?I bought this new from ebay so no dealer to contact and they no nothing about them,Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Autotransformer
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
daza avatar image
daza answered ·

@patdufo1 you really need to go onto the xantrex forum as they will know more about the product you mention as this is purely a victron forum

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

patdufo1 avatar image
patdufo1 answered ·

The transformer is victron,xantrex does not know how to make these work the way they are supossed to,last email recieved said that there support tried 2 in the office and got the same error code of 48,if I cant get simple help of how to wire 2 inverters to it then I geuss victron will not be my first choice in the future

2 |3000

daza avatar image
daza answered ·

you are trying to combined two different systems and expect someone to know Exactly how the other system you intend to mix it with works, if the manufacturer can’t get it to work it could be the fact that it’s just not compatible?

2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

The Autotransformer installation manual will have all of the available information for it - of course we cannot tell how to correctly wire it for Xantrex inverters, since Xantrex isn't supported by Victron, but your experienced systems installer should be able to work it out (if it's possible) from the manuals of all the associated components in tandem, perhaps with the help of the Autotransformer's associated system schematics.

I do sincerely hope that you have an experienced electrician performing this work, as tying anything at all directly to your house panel is incredibly dangerous if not performed to exacting specification and in compliance with applicable codes and regulations.

2 |3000

patdufo1 avatar image
patdufo1 answered ·

well I installed the panel a couple of years ago,I have wired several houses,disconected from grid wired the inverters into the panel which work well on there own(just not at the same time,one works one side the other works the other side)I wired in a new small electric panel from the grid to input the inverters also wired a 12kw system,60kwh lithium batteries(havent used grid power since march)wired a second system with 3000ah of forklift 24v batteries with a 6000 watt inverter to use charge the 48v lithium system if I have no sun for more than a week,also worked installing car audio(I have a 5000watt RMS system)So pretty much an expert on the DC side,my only real question is the bond I believe the ground relay is only for the quatro?So I think all I need is L1 from one inverter and L1 from the second into the autotrransformer,let the transformer make a new neutral and leave the bonding screw in the panel and pull the ato bonding screws from the inverter?thanks(also everything has breakers and or disconects)

2 |3000