question

John Baillie avatar image
John Baillie asked

MPPT 75 /10

Hello,

In my system it is possible to disconnect the battery from the MPPT 75/10 whilst the solar panels are connected. From looking at other threads I think this is forbidden. It is clear in the manual that battery then solar panel should be connected when configuring the system. What will happen if I disconnect the battery? Will the voltage at the BATT terminals be the same as on the PV terminals?

I could connect a relay to the battery followed by the diode and use the contact of the relay in series with the panel so that the panel is only connected to the MPPT when the battery is connected. However this will always put a load (the relay coil) on the battery which is undesirable! A semiconductor relay is too expensive.

Thanks

John

MPPT ControllersBattery Protectmonitoring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @John Baillie

Why would you want to disconnect the MPPT from the batteries?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

peterfromswe avatar image
peterfromswe answered ·

I want that too. When using LiFePo4 I don't want solar charging to exceed 80% SOC. Application is is a parked boat with no load.

2 |3000

Related Resources