question

Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK asked

Other ways to show PV generation other than with a 40A CT sensor?

I current have a 40A Victron CT sensor recording my PV generation but I am due to increase my PV array over the 30.5A maximum recoverable value of the sensor, and also above the 40A max current for the sensor therefor I am looking for another way to record the PV generation. I have a Multiplus II 5kva GX unit with only 1 USB port which is reserved for a ET112 meter for the EV charger, assuming I will be able to show grid loads separate from critical loads when I chose this arrangement.

1699898193122.png

What options do I have. Can a PV inverter provide its power generation data directly to the Multiplus by other means without the need for a CT sensor or is there a larger CT sensor available? Ive been reading about the Fronius Inverters but Im not sure if I would still need a meter or CT sensor on the AC tails.

4329-bhv-zz-xx-sc-e-6000-xref-a1.jpg

Energy Meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

I've decided to exceed the 30.5amp measurement rating of the CT meter as its only for the odd occasion each year so I can live with the discrepancy in the data but I will now be keeping the solar array extension below the maximum 40amps of the CT sensor.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources