question

dac avatar image
dac asked

IP65 lost Android phone connection, won't reconnect.

I have been getting responses on my app review on Google Play so thought I best pose the questions here.

I had used the app without issue for about the last year. I charge a Lithium battery in a battery box for when I take my portable fridge away. This week my phone cannot connect to the charger via the app. The device no longer appears in my bluetooth device list.

As stated in my earlier replies so thtat I don't have to repeat myself:

The connection gets to 80% and asks for the PIN, fails to connect, gets to 80% again and once again asks for the PIN, fails t connect and I see the error screen advising how to troubleshoot.

I have an Oppo X5 lite running Android 13.

I also tried a new Motorola G53 also running Android 13, which also won't connect.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

I tried to reset the pairing code via the suggested method of holding the MODE button the charger for 10 seconds which appears to do nothing. The guide says all blue LEDs should blink but there is no change to LEDs on the device after 10 seconds.

I also tried the reset PIN code via the app and inserting the PUK code.

Nothing I have tried works.

Bluetooth
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @dac

Can you please create a service report directly after trying the PUK code procedure and post the service report here?

The procedure on how to create a service report can be found here: https://ve3.nl/VictronConnect_How-to-create-a-VictronConnect-Service-Report

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
phelps avatar image
phelps answered ·

Yep Ive had problems with temperamental BT on Connect/IP65. Its very amaterurish implementation IMHO, outsource code and not properly tested. Why did Victron note include a wifi within the charge block. As it mostly deals with large LAB batteries the current drain is trival.

FYI there is a hidden trick - try going into airplane mode and then off airplane - worked 4 me when all else failed - wasting an hour faffing about

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
So it is possible then that the BT service on your phone process stopped. Maybe as a battery saving thing in the OS.
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@dac

Sometimes other apps that use the BT mess with the connection to Victron devices. See step 6.

So the BT service may be trying to connect to the last device it was connected to. I have seen my phone do this with a BT headset of mine even if the device is not available.

I have a similar trick to @phelps I switch off my BT then on again. But exit the VC app first.

1 comment
2 |3000

dac avatar image dac commented ·

I accept that this could be an issue however like I mentioned, I also installed the app on a brand new phone running Android 13 with zero bluetooth pairings. No bluetooth device had ever been connected to it.

Also, the method to reset the 000000 pairing code of holding the Mode button for 10 seconds failed to be confirmed with the blue LED's flashing.

Is it possible the firmware update broke something.

0 Likes 0 ·