question

alan3737 avatar image
alan3737 asked

Batteries only charging to approx 80 %

Hi Folks im new to all this but I would like some advice

I have 50kw of batteries installed with my solar . at nigth if I transfer it to the grid they wil only ever charge to approx 80%.

how can I get them to charge up to say 95.00%

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi @Alan3737

Do you mine sharing your settings. Others on the forum might be able to narrow down your issue then.

I assume you're charging up over night using ESS scheduled charging. First place to check is if you've set the SoC to 95% in there. (Settings -> ESS -> Scheduled charge levels).

If you have the next thing i'd check is voltage/SoC calibration. It may be that your battery is reaching absorption voltage at 80%. If that's the case then either absorption voltage is set too low or the SoC is not correctly calibrated/not correct..

What is monitoring SoC within your system, is it coming from the battery BMS or do you have a smart shunt or equivalent monitor?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alan3737 avatar image
alan3737 answered ·

Thank you very much for the quick reply . I dont have ess as my system is different than my old one. I upgraded to get completely off grid.

I have now 2 inverters (One as a slave)Solar.jpg

These are my devices

Gateway

VE.Bus System

SOLUNA 50KW

Battery Monitor

MPPT 450/100 HQ2221WKKVK

Solar Charger [0]

Solar Charger [280]

solar.jpg (1.9 MiB)
2 |3000