question

sasha avatar image
sasha asked

Looking for guidance reg. heating mats w VictronSmart LiFePO4 batteries?

Hi,

I have a 40KW system with Victron Smart (?....not that smart, but ok) ....LifFePO4 Batteries. 8 x 24V, parallel and serial to 48V 40KW, connected to all a all Victron Victron (3 Multiplus II, 3-Phase, et all), set-up.

Now the prob: Once the temperature drops, BMS cuts of, batteries won't charge. Of course, there's an issue with the BMS over time not having charge (but this in another post). For now...has anyone experience, ideas, how to integrate a heating system in a smart way?

any tips welcome, and if someone from Victron is reading this... PLEASE!!:
- Upgrade your 24V batteries to 48V batteries, so the BMS is happier (prob w 2x24: in-balance in 2 battery cells, the BMS can't solve)

- Upgrade your BMS to not needing to have a human come out to the (off-grid system on an island) and re-set it manually via 'in person Bluetooth', or pulling that freakin' 10 pin connector to 're-set. If nothing else, put a on/off switch on the BMS please

- self-heating batteries: Come on, it's 2023. that's doable.

thx... was a bit of a rant, but having the biggest Solar/battery system in my region, I'm medium happy that it's so hick-up prone.

Lithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources