question

clasence avatar image
clasence asked

Change Generator start/stop SOC rules with mqtt

I have turned on MQTT on my CCGX and I am able to subscribe and get messages. I want to be able to change the generator start/stop rules which are based on the Battery state of charge. They are current at 50% and 70% but I want to be changing them programmatically depending on forecasts. Does anyone know the topic to publish to so these values could be changed?

GeneratorSOCMQTT
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
clasence avatar image
clasence answered ·

All the paths are actually found on the dbus_generator source code here. In my specific case, I wrote to the following paths:

Genset SOC stop value (upper threshold)

"W/{portal_id}/settings/0/Settings/Generator0/Soc/StopValue" with payload {"value": 71.0}

This sets the upper threshold to 71% and the generator stops running when SOC is 71%

Genset SOC start value (lower threshold)

"W/{portal_id}/settings/0/Settings/Generator0/Soc/StartValue" with payload {"value": 50.0}

This sets the lower threshold to 50% and the generator stops running with SOC is 50.0

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sanderson avatar image
sanderson answered ·

@clasence, out of curiosity, are you going to adjust them based on machine-friendly forecasts or manually every once in awhile?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MultiPlus Generator FAQ

GX - Generator auto start/stop

Automatic Generator start/stop

Hybrid Generators

Virtual switch - Generator start/stop

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron MQTT readme