question

volodymyr avatar image
volodymyr asked

Does Victron Energy Quattro support Eve LF230 Prismatic 230Ah - LiFePO4 - 3.2V A-grade batteries?

Does Victron Energy Quattro support Eve LF230 Prismatic 230Ah - LiFePO4 - 3.2V A-grade batteries?

batterylifepo
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Volodymyr

There will be no official support from Victron as it is not on the battery compatibility list.

Also you don't name a BMS? There are quite few on GitHub and here that users with tech savvy have written modifications for.

You can pretty much add any battery to the system (within the inverter operating range) and program it according to its individual needs. I do have quite few systems in the field that have batteries not on the list running well.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

volodymyr avatar image
volodymyr answered ·

Thanks a lot @Alexandra for the reply. I'm going to buy a BMS today/tomorrow. Is there any recommendation? Could you please share the GitHub or a documentaiton link so I can read more.

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

I don't have a recommendation.

There is this thread which is pretty popular. It has links to the relative git hubs.

There have been alot of official changes to the Venus OS since the thread started. So it is a bit of a read.

@Volodymyr

On further reflection Andy on the you tube channel Off-grid Garage tests a bunch with Victron. The BMS stesting is interesting. Helps with choosing a one anyway.

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic