question

hubert avatar image
hubert asked

Two separate MultiPlus / Quattro on 3 phase system (separate batteries!) and CCGX/Venus.

Hello all,

I am considering system as below,

• 3 phase 230/400V grid
  • 1 MultiPlus on phase _1 + dedicated (separate) battery
  • 1 Quattro on phase _2 + dedicated (separate) battery
  • 1 phase 230 V generator connected to the Quattro in 2nd input

I'm fully aware that I can't make: split phase, parallel or 2-phase sync system with that.

I think above configuration will work - correct me if I'm wrong. Of course in case of grid failure there will not be 3 phase power (or even 2 phase synced, just 2 separate 230 VAC).

What I don't know is it possible to connect and control it from one CCGX (or Venus or other system)?

What if we add DC Solar (Victron MPPT) and AC coupled 3-phase solar inverter (on the loads side)?

Again - in case of grid failure the 3 phase AC solar goes down (that's obvious), but we can still operate on 1 phase (phase of Multi/Quattro with MPPT connected).

Is two separate Multi/Quattro will be visible on CCGX/Venus/etc?

Regards

Hubert

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerCCGX Color ControlVenus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ยท

Hi @hubert,

Sort of.

There are limitations with multiple MultiPlus's connected to a single GX device, when they are not programmed in a parallel or multiphase arrangement.

Please read this section of the GX manual for more information about how it is done, what is required and what to expect - Connecting Victron products, specifically - Connecting multiple VE.Bus systems to a single CCGX

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hubert avatar image hubert commented ยท

Hi Guy,

thanks for providing me this link, this manual answers my question.

0 Likes 0 ยท