question

orion avatar image
orion asked

Data about Cell ID of CellMaxVoltage

Hi,

I'm running a 3 phase ESS system with two EEL / Seplos BMS Boxes attached through BMS CAN (link between both boxes is RS-485). Functions are all OK and via CAN I see the combination of both batteries. The remote displays Max/Min Cell Temp and Voltage and give a hint in which pack this happens, but unfortunately not the cell ID. The CAN protocol should provide this information, but the resulting string end with an hash tag which normally would be followed by the ID of the cell in this pack. As MQTT as other data sources show the same information and it it available on CAN bus, the transfer CAN Bus to DBUS in Cerbo might fail in the CAN-BMS driver. Does somebody has some thought about this ?

Many thanks in Advance,

Michel

bildschirmfoto-2023-10-31-um-163603.png

cerbo gxBMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wilm avatar image
wilm answered ·

Hi Michel,
according to Seplos CAN-Register 0x371 should contain the cell id.

Byte 4+5 as the max voltage cell id (16-bit integer signed) and
Byte 6+7 as the min voltage cell id.

When logging the CAN-Bus in CerboGx with

candump -l any,#0x371

The resulting message is

"can0 371#54424D532D424154" which is 8 Byte, but doesn't give me clue, which cell it should be.

Best,
Wilm

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

orion avatar image
orion answered ·

Hi Wilm,

tried to find out, I have the same log values ???

Possible better to move from CAN to RS-485 and use the bus-serial-battery driver

Many thanks,

Michel

2 |3000