question

gandan avatar image
gandan asked

Missing device in VRM device list, and getting R2 error in VictronConnect

I try to reach the Amp hours settings on VRM but cant find it. Also the BMV-700 isn't showing up as device in Victron connect but it is under the device list in VRM (and yes, it is connected to the Cerbo via VE.Direct according to the remote consol).

Also when trying to connect to Cerbo in the app I get error code #R2.

Tried the solution suggestions on https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VictronConnect_Manual/en/victronconnect-remote--vc-r----configuration-and-monitoring-via-vrm.html but no success.

What have I missed?...

cerbo gxBMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
gandan avatar image
gandan answered ·

Keep answer myself, sorry!

It seems you need to close the app between each session to avoid error #R2. When doing that it has worked everytime.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gandan avatar image
gandan answered ·

Great joy this morning: BMV-700 back as device in the Victron connect app, with possibility to set battery capacity for example! Although it didn't last more than a couple of minutes before error #R2 went up again and all was as before :-(

2 |3000

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Gandan,

Just posting to give you some hope that there has been a bug found, and changes are being made soon to hopefully correct this persistent R2 issue.

1 comment
2 |3000

gandan avatar image gandan commented ·
Helli Guy

Very glad to hear! Thanks a lot!

0 Likes 0 ·