question

Cornel Ciocan avatar image
Cornel Ciocan asked

QUATRO CHARGE CURRENT RAMP UP ???

I have a fairly compex system with 2000Ah Winston cells, REC BMS, Cerbo GX 2x 24/ 8000 Quattro's, 2 MPPT's and a couple of Skylla for universal shore input. There are 2 Northern Light generators, a 26KW and a 10 KW (220V).

Using the 10Kw generator (remote panel curent limited) with autostart to charge batteries generates an instant load beyond the capabilities of the generator (after warmup of course). Northern Lights specifies in their manual that nonlinear load supported is max 20% of total capacity.

Dynamic current limiter does not address this problem as the ramp up time is way too short.

Have looked at all options, asistents, 1140 interface but cannot seem to find a way to ramp up the curent used for charging. I can limit but if i play by the book...20% of the 10KW is not much...extends the run hours unnecesary.

Of course i can do this manually, limit the current very low, start genset, warm up, start charge and then manualy slowly ramp up current from remote panel.

How do i do this automatically?

I imagine i am not alone in charging lithium with quatros and use a generator for that so this should be a widespread problem.

Dynamic current limiter is fantasitic but it should have a configurable ramp up time, as it is now is not very helpfull.

Suggestions?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercharge current limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers