question

mbutts avatar image
mbutts asked

712 State of Charge

I've seen another post from @Mitchorr but it didn't have an answer.

I installed the 712 on my motorhome with two 12 V AGMs in parallel, each one is rated at 92 A hr. The batteries are about six months old. I entered 184 A hr when setting up the 712. All the grounds go to a shunt and there's a single connection to the negative battery post.

The 712 always displays between 95 and 100% charge, even when the voltage display is 12.05.

When I have a couple of fans, the propane fridge, and the propane water heater on, I see about 3 A draw. When I plug in a portable 100 W solar panel, I see 3-4 A going in.

I've manually run sync, but that doesn't seem to have an effect.

Any suggestions on what I can check to figure this out?

monitoring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

First of all you will need to fully charge the batteries, then see how the state of displays from that point on.

Ie if you instlled the BMV and the batteries were then at 12 v the SOC would show 100% on the BMV and thus not be accuarate at that point, It would not become accurate until the batteries have been fully charged.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mbutts avatar image
mbutts answered ·

I installed the 712 over a month ago. We've taken several long trips with the alternator charging the house batteries and also have stayed a few evenings at campsites with 30 A hookup. I'm fairly certain it has been fully charged. I did run the sync command one morning after being plugged in all night.

Do I need to do something else to tell the 712 once the batteries are at full charge?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic