question

chris-m avatar image
chris-m asked

Multiplus II wont charge battery with generator or shore power and say's passthrough

When I use the generator or shore power the Multiplus II will say passthrough and not charge the low battery. How Do I make it invert and charge the battery's

I have the following

Cerbo GX

Smart Solar MPPT VE.Can 250/100

Mutiplus II 12V 3000W 120V

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Meine_Energiewende avatar image
Meine_Energiewende answered ·

Are there maybe any loaded assistens maybe ? was the relais test of the mp2 successfull ? the mp2 will go to passthrough if the ess assistent is loaded and the grid meter is not reachable (for instance).

Jens

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

A unit cannot invert and charge at the same time; when AC input is available, it will pass through the AC input to power the AC loads connected and it will use the remaining available power to charge the batteries, with no inverting. When there is no AC input available, then the unit will invert from the batteries and, thus, will not charge.

It sounds as if the unit's programming should be checked by an experienced installer, as well as the full installation, to establish why the unit is not charging from available AC input; it could be as simple as a poor connection to the battery whether due to installation error or a blown fuse or loose connection; it could be a bit more complex and have been programmed in error.

2 comments
2 |3000

chris-m avatar image chris-m commented ·
This is a Motorhome FYI. Also where do I find a experienced installer? The tech support from Victron is worthless
0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ chris-m commented ·

Victron doesn't sell to the end-user, only to authorized distributors, so all first-level technical support will be provided by the authorized dealer or distributor from whom your Victron equipment was purchased, as detailed in the Victron Support Page

The easiest way to find an experienced systems installer is to either use Victron's "Where To Buy" page and sort by installers, or alternatively contact authorized Victron dealers or distributors in your area, as most Victron dealers will have a short list of installers in their area who they'd recommend.

0 Likes 0 ·
iammotorhomeless avatar image
iammotorhomeless answered ·

@Chris M to start with... what are your settings

start with battery settings, if you want your battery to charge. set to keep batteries charged
1698428186903.png

1698428186903.png (23.1 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

chris-m avatar image chris-m commented ·
Not sure where that is. Can I call you? Or can you call me (805)501-4045?
0 Likes 0 ·