question

geoffw avatar image
geoffw asked

Is VRM down?

Connected yesterday for the first time ran like clockwork overnight but stopped at midday today and hasnt connected again since? im a couple of hundred miles from the installation so would be cool to know if VRM is the issue before i make the journey! thanks :)

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
dirk-s avatar image
dirk-s answered ·

From my location (Germany) it’s working fine.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

I also have no problems.

2 |3000

pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

Running for me in the UK.

Did you set up the Venus device on the VRM settings page to reboot if the connection was lost and give a time such as 30 minutes or 1 hour. This means that often loss of communication can be resolved automatically. I also have a 4G router that does a reboot on loss of connection after a period of time and routinely once per week. The above have kept VRM active for over 2 years in a rural area with poor mobile reception.

2 |3000

geoffw avatar image
geoffw answered ·

Thanks all - it’s just back online for me as of 8pm. It’s a global link 520 connected to a smart shunt so no Cerbo GX to set up the auto reboot. I don’t think the global link has that option but I’ll check :) Many thanks again

1 comment
2 |3000

iammotorhomeless avatar image iammotorhomeless commented ·

@geoffw I have never used a global link 520

but they are on the Cellular network...

more likely to have lost the local phone network... maybe
I don't know if you can test the antenna and signal strength, but if it keeps happening. that's where I would start

added edit:
I just had to go and check... the global link 520 has a 15 minutes automatic reboot if there is no connection

0 Likes 0 ·