question

electricoutboard avatar image
electricoutboard asked

Lookingfor installer near Lymington/New Forest UK

Hi,

We installed a FIT system about 11-12 years ago just as the original scheme ended and it pays us £2k+ a year which is great but want to add more panels and batteries without affecting the FIT system.

We have the design and all the kit but I'm constantly being let down by installers. 11 so far who say they can do it then never come back. Feedback is that it is not a simple out-of-the-box system so it requires some thought.

Essentially new panels go via the Quattro 2 and charge the batteries which we will mainly run off . Mains in the house redirected to the Victron so we can island the house.

We use the 8x Pylontech US2000C batteries and can then top up with cheap rate overnight if required but we can get some long power outages in the New Forest with trees going down over the winter and so we can also top up via our petrol generator.

1697465084237.png

Below the blue circles are our house - the smaller circle the mains enters here.

The purple ellipse where our new panels are going and you can see the current panels next to this (that FIT inverter in that roof).

Currently, the outbuildings with the solar panels (where we work) is fed on an armoured cable from the house.

1697465108515.png

If we feed the house from the Victron then still power the outbuildings from the house then we have nearly 200m for voltage drop so my proposal is to update the fuseboard in the outbuildings and then power the house directly from the Victron so it is only one way. This will mean either hefty 5 core cabling or we run 2 thinner more flexible cables or reuse what we already have in reverse for the house.

None of it seems particularly onerous or hard but we are two years in since I started trying to get this done and I've had kit sat here for 6 months and missed the entire summer season.

Most of the kit is actually in place:

1697465581104.jpeg

and I can get the panels up and in place shortly as the rails are now all in.

Can anyone help or know anyone who might?

My last option is to get electrical training but I run three businesses already and being full on busy assumed that I would be able to exchange some money for services! But apparently not.

installationHelp
1697465084237.png (511.2 KiB)
1697465108515.png (1.1 MiB)
1697465581104.jpeg (291.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Have you looked at the Victron "Where to Buy" map and sorted by "installers" (or called dealers/distributors near you to see if they offer installation services or have a short list)?

https://www.victronenergy.com/where-to-buy

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic