question

jerren avatar image
jerren asked

Cerbo GX Tank Sensor wont work unless I have Multimeter attached

I have just installed a Cerbo GX and connected my campers water sensor up. Nothing seemed to be working so I checked everything to see wether I had a conection issue. When I connected my Multimeter to check if the sensor was emitting a reading I noticed that the Cerbo suddenly recognised the sensor was there. Take multimeter away it doesnt work put it back it does. Any help would be appreciated.

gx device
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Is it a resistive sensor?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jerren avatar image
jerren answered ·

Yes 0 to 190 ohms

2 |3000

Rob Fijn avatar image
Rob Fijn answered ·

Your multi meter introduce 9 volts .

Is your circuit correct ?

Rob

2 |3000

jerren avatar image
jerren answered ·

I'm not sure what you mean by is my circuit correct?

I have the 2 wires from the sender unit going to the tank inputs on the cerbo. to be clear the cerbo shows a tank volume when the multimeter is in circuit its almost like the Cerbo is faulty by noy sending current down to sender and the multileter when connected is fulfilling that role

2 |3000

jerren avatar image
jerren answered ·

Anyone have any thoughts?

2 |3000