question

bivaccamper avatar image
bivaccamper asked

Scalable system

I'm planning to build three vans with the same system on each.

The system on each van will be:

- 24v Battery

- Multiplus / Quattro 24/3000

- And maybe, an mppt, a BMV and a Venus GX

My question is, there is a way so I could connect and reconfigure the settings of the systems to work together so 3 multis on single phase o 3 multis in three phase?

My big concern is about monitoring the batteries.

If I use the battery monitor on each multiplus they can run each one on its battery or they have to run both with the same battery and use a BMV?

There is a way so each multiplus is working with its battery but connected with the other multiplus? Each multiplus can take care of its own battery?

I asume that this is not possible with a Venus and three BMV or three Venus connected together, sharing data, no?

Thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerbattery charging3 phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I'm afraid what you want to do is not possible.
When you have a three phase or parallel system the units work as one and show up on a single Venus device as one unit. You can only have one Venus device in a system.
Besides only being able to have one battery monitor in a system, you cannot have each MultiPlus on its own battery when configured as a three phase or parallel system.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bivaccamper avatar image
bivaccamper answered ·

As for the Venus I already know that. My big concern is about battery monitoring. Any idea on how this can be done?

2 |3000