question

olegpowerc avatar image
olegpowerc asked

Please check my future setup

I need modification existing boat circuit (without replace charger).

I need next:

if voltage from generator is low - MultiPlus switch to inverter mode

I must can switch off all MultiPlus from computer (connected to Venus GX)

3 phase
mods1.png (267.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Rob Fijn avatar image
Rob Fijn answered ·

Hello Oleg,

If you need to switch between Generator of Invertor, this is possible. You just loss the AC power to your load for a few seconds.
In your drawing you have a Manual switch.
What is it that you want to do automatically ?

You can also input the AC in to the Multi and make a rule on using the Inverter or Generator. Even start/stop the generator by the multi.

Your system would work more Smart if you put the Multi in the hart of your design.
(you can take the MasterVolt out and save some weight)

Best regards,

Rob

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

olegpowerc avatar image
olegpowerc answered ·

Hello.

I can not remove Mastervolt charger, because it not allowed by owner of the ship.

Manual switch need only for emergency case (one of the multi is fail)

2 |3000

Rob Fijn avatar image
Rob Fijn answered ·

Hello Oleg,

Just thinking out loud in words: So if the ATS can block the AC, meaning no AC to the mastervolt ... then some relay must switch on the invertors.. But then you still have your Manual switch in the AC line.. so this will never work.

I would do as follow:
From the AST go to the MasterVolt and into a Switch. One choice of the switch goes to the ByPass line to the second Switch, the other choice goes to the AC in of the Multi (3 fase setup). The Multi AC out goes to the second Switch. After this to your load.

In the Multi you can setup the condition to accept the AC input, what will be transferred to the AC output. Is the AC input not accepted by the condition you set, then the Multi will work as Invertor.

You can download and install the VEconfig and run in Demo mode to play with the setup and settings.

I think this will work for your project.

Best regards,

Rob

2 |3000